For our research, we are interested in determining whether small changes to specific game elements can help motivate and engage different player types. Towards that end, we will have you play a series of short games.
What to do?
You are asked to play a number of short games. Each game takes about 1-3 minutes to complete. There are in total 14 games you can play; however, you can stop at any time you do not want to continue. After each game you will be asked to rate it. Completing all games should take around 45 minutes. Please note that you cannot continue playing at a later time so if you want to play all games, you will have to make sure you have an hour free to participate in this research.
By clicking on the “Participate” button below, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You acknowledge that you are 18 years or older.
- Participation is voluntary. You may stop at any time by exiting the web page or closing your web browser.
- We will be recording your responses in the games.
- Data will be collected anonymously. We assign an automatically generated unique ID for each participant.
- There are no foreseeable risks or discomfort to participating.
- A potential benefit is that you contribute to how we can improve game experiences.
If you have any questions about this research, please feel free to contact Dr. Casper Harteveld. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about your rights in this research, you may contact Nan C. Regina, Director, Human Subject Research Protection. Tel: (+1) 617.373.4588, Email: email@example.com. You may call anonymously if you wish.
StudyCrafter is developed by the Northeastern Game Studio at Northeastern University, and led by Prof. Casper Harteveld.
For more information about contributors and the rest of the StudyCrafter team, visit the credits page.